Our Outdoor Classroom
Our “Outdoor Classroom” was developed with input by Child Development experts. We used the resources of people in the field who have extensive knowledge both in research and a passion for the outdoor environment.
We believe that Children are active learners. They use their whole bodies to explore, experiment, and solve problems.
We believe that Children need to experience challenging equipment and activities that will promote feelings of success, safety, and fun.
We believe that a child’s development is optimized when they spend a significant amount of time participating in child-initiated activities that are teacher-supported.
We believe that children learn about and understand God through nature.
Our Outdoor Classroom:
- fosters learning through self-initiation, and personal responsibility
- achieves social/emotional mastery and builds communication skills through projects and group activities
- creates a successful learning environment for the active learner
- manifests classroom harmony
- provides a sense of refuge and healing
- meets the health challenges by establishing a pattern of ongoing, vigorous and extended physical activities
- fosters the sense of “wonder” and has the opportunities for the “what if?”
We hope that you will gain some insight to the importance of our Outdoor Classroom. We also hope that you will gain knowledge and confidence that when children are “playing”, they are indeed “learning”.